Quad Lakes Solid Waste Management

What Is Quad Lakes?

For over 20 years, KBRPC has been administrator for the Quad Lakes Solid Waste Management District. Similar to the planning commissions, the solid waste districts are divided up to cover every community within the state. The Quad-Lakes Solid Waste Management District serves the Missouri counties of Bates, Benton, Cedar, Henry, Hickory and St. Clair.  The purpose of the solid waste district is to utilize a portion of landfill fees and to redistribute those into recycling grants. Grant call is now open, and applications are due April 10, 2020. The application and guidance document is available below.



APPLICATIONS (One original, clipped, NOT STAPLED) MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 4:00 p.m. On April 10, 2020 AT THE FOLLOWING OFFICE: Kaysinger Basin Regional Planning Commission 221 North Second Street Clinton, MO 64735 **

For more information, please contact Michelle Slater.

She can be reached by phone at (660) 885-3393 or by email.

To visit the Missouri Recycling Association’s website, please click here. To visit the Solid Waste Management Program’s website, please click here.

Examples of Recently Funded Projects

Project Value     Description
Bates County Industries $3,717.72   Recycling Bin Replacement
Evan’s Drug $4,640.16   Recycle Today, Save Tomorrow
Jack Kaufmann $9,600.00   In-The-Green Productions
Meredith Recycling $38,000.00   A.T.E. (Aluminum, Tin, Electronics)

Quad Lakes Members

Executive Board Members Meet bi-monthly  
  Member Jennifer Hall Bates County
  Member Jim Hansen Benton County
  Chairman Brad True Cedar County
  Secretary Frank Charles Henry County
  Member Rick Pearson Hickory County
  Treasurer John Neuenschwander St. Clair County
  Vice Chairman Roy Meredith Expanded


Advisory Committee Members Meet Quarterly As Agenda Items are Available
  Member Melissa Fletcher Expanded
  Vice Chairman Roy Meredith SW Mgt. Industry
  Member Eran Dawson Comm. Waste Gen
  Member Kathy Nepple Expanded
  Chairman Jeanine Jacomb Expanded


Full Council Members Meet Semi-Annually  
  Member Jim Wheatley Bates County
  Member Alvin O. Griffin Bates County
  Member Dale Estes Benton County
  Member Jim Hansen Benton County
  Member Don Boultinghouse Cedar County
  Member Vacant Cedar County
  Member Vacant Henry County
  Member Rick Fosnow Henry County
  Member Robert Sawyer Hickory County
  Member Rick Pearson Hickory County
  Member Robert Salmon St. Clair County
  Member Gerald Williams St. Clair County
  Member Larry Dines Appleton City
  Member Joyce Talley Adrian
  Member Casey Koehn Butler
  Member Klark Bohling Cole Camp
  Member Rich Abdoler Clinton
  Member Brad True El Dorado Springs
  Member Nathan Lines Lincoln
  Member John Neuenschwander Lowry City
  Member Anthony Roth Osceola
  Member Richard Brockman Rich Hill
  Member Mary Norell Stockton
  Member Randy Pogue Warsaw
  Member Kim Henderson Windsor
  Member Frank Charles Urich

REPORT ILLEGAL DUMPING HERE. For more instructions, read below.

Abandoned piles of household garbage, bags of yard waste, discarded appliances, old barrels, used tires and demolition debris can threaten the health of humans, wildlife and the environment. These open dump sites can be found throughout Missouri at the bottom of ravines, in empty lots and pastures and along roadsides. These are illegal disposal sites. If allowed to remain, they often grow larger and attract more dumping by others.

Photo of an illegal dump.

Open dumps create a public nuisance, divert land from more productive uses and depress the value of surrounding land. They can also pose the following health, safety and environmental threats:

  • Fire and explosion
  • Injury to children playing in or around the dump site
  • Disease carried by mosquitoes, flies and rodents
  • Contamination of streams, rivers and lakes
  • Contamination of soil and groundwater
  • Contamination of drinking water wells
  • Damage to plant and wildlife habitats
  • Decrease in the quality of life to nearby communities and residents

How to Report Illegal Dumping

Causing or allowing open dumping is illegal and may result in substantial penalties. Report open dumping to your local authorities. They can enforce any local laws and ordinances that prohibit open dumping. They can also work with the state to enforce state laws that prohibit dumping. The Department of Natural Resources is committed to investigating citizen reports of illegal dumping of solid waste. Complaint investigators are located in each Regional Office. While not every complaint can be solved quickly, we are committed to investigating promptly and taking appropriate action. You may also file a complaint online via the Illegal Dumping Complaint Report Form which is offered below.  When the form is received by the department, it will be forwarded to the appropriate Regional Office for investigation. You are encouraged to provide as much information as possible about the dump, including a detailed description and information about its location (county, address, driving directions, etc.). We will also need information about the owner of the property where the dump is located. This information will help to expedite our investigation process. You may remain anonymous.  We only ask for your identity so we can contact you in case we need more information to investigate your complaint and to provide you with information on the results of our investigation.  Despite the best intentions, anonymous complaints often do not provide enough information to pursue the complaint properly.  If you wish to remain anonymous and do not provide enough information, we will be unable to investigate your complaint. To report illegal dumping use our online form.  Complete the form and return it in any of the following ways:

  • Hit the submit key on the form itself.
  • Print the form and fax it to 573-526-3902.
  • Call 573-751-5401 or 800-361-4827.

Illegal Dumping Video Surveillance Illegal dumping videoclip.The department uses surveillance cameras at dumpsites across Missouri to combat illegal dumping. The goal is to educate people and provide alternative options, such as obtaining commercial trash service or using a permitted landfill, transfer station or recycling facility for environmentally sound disposal.