FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE October 8, 2019 – Warsaw, MO The new Butterfield Stage Experience bicycle route is a historic experience along back country roads that leaves you with smiles for miles across Missouri. A mostly gravel/bikepacking route across some of the most beautiful, peaceful, and historic places in rural Missouri, you’ll re-experience an 1858 Butterfield […]
POSITION AVAILABLE: REGIONAL PLANNER
Agency Description: Kaysinger Basin Regional Planning Commission is a quasi-governmental agency who assists its local government members and the greater community with planning, project development and funding as well as community and economic development. If you care about people and helping the communities they live in thrive, Kaysinger may be the place for you. We are a small, tight knit team who strives to connect communities to opportunities.
Job Description: We are hiring a regional planner whose focus will be on transportation planning. This is a dynamic job that includes community outreach, data collection and analysis, collaborating with both local governments and the Missouri department of transportation. You will perform a variety of planning projects including transit plans, multimodal transit planning, regional transportation plans, Hazard Mitigation plans, trail plans, local policy development and assisting communities with the prioritization of transportation projects. You will employ performance measures to evaluate alternate action concepts, use GIS mapping and spatial analysis, and complete reports and memos pertaining to your projects. The ideal candidate will be comfortable communicating and interacting with local officials and presenting to groups of all sizes.
You bring to the team:
You are passionate about:
• Working collaboratively with others, yet having the ability to work independently when necessary
• Having ownership in the work you do
• Using your talents to positively affect communities
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in transportation planning, urban planning, civil engineering or related field
• Minimum of 1-6 years of related professional experience
• Familiarity with geography, land use and transportation issues
• Strong analytical skills
• Proven technical writing ability
• Excellent problem-solving capabilities
• Proficiency in several computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets and database software.
• ArcGIS proficiency
Must be able to: Travel, occasionally attend meetings in the evenings, drive and be able to do light lifting up to 50 lbs. Must possess a valid driver’s license and a vehicle.
Some flexibility in work hours, Health Benefits, Lagers retirement plan and the opportunity to make a difference in the West Central Missouri Region.
Please send Letter of interest and resume to:
Attn: Sheridan Garman-Neeman, Executive Director
221 N 2nd Street
Clinton, MO 64735
Or by email:
Position is open until filled. EOE/AA