Economic Developer for Vernon County
Agency Description: Kaysinger Basin Regional Planning Commission is a quasi-governmental agency who assists its local government members and the greater community with planning, project development and funding as well as community and economic development. If you care about people and helping the communities they live in thrive, Kaysinger may be the place for you. We are a small, tight knit team who strives to connect communities to opportunities.
Job Description: Starting January, we will be hiring a regional economic development team for a two-year term. This is an excellent introduction into a new career that is both challenging and rewarding. We are willing to train the right candidate. In short, Economic Developers help to bring jobs and capital investment to communities. On a day to day basis this job involves a variety of activities including visits with local businesses, business attraction efforts, and engaging local stakeholders in local economic development planning. This economic development position is unique in that very rural counties not traditionally served by economic development professionals will be served.
You bring to the team:
You are passionate about:
• Helping communities to thrive
• Supporting local governments in their success
• Finding creative solutions to wicked problems
• All things rural development
• Economics, business development and entrepreneurship
The skills you possess:
• Public speaking
• Offering leadership that can get the right people around the table
• Excellent written skills
• Passion for rural communities and the people who live in them
• Planning, Community or Economic Development Experience
• Willingness to learn economic development financing
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, publisher, and Outlook
• An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in planning, business, economics, public relations or a similar field.
• The ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
Must be able to: Travel, attend meetings in the evenings, drive and be able to do light lifting up to 50 lbs. Must possess a valid driver’s license and a vehicle.
Salary Range: $36,000-$38,000 annually
Some flexibility in work hours, Lagers retirement, Health insurance plan and a vision reimbursement plan. The opportunity to make a difference in the West Central Missouri Region.
Please send letter of interest and resume to:
Attn: Sheridan Garman-Neeman, Executive Director
221 N 2nd Street
Clinton, MO 64735
Or by email:
Position is open until filled. EOE/AA