For Immediate Release
The Kaysinger Basin Regional Planning Commission (KBRPC) seeks public input on the Transit Coordination Plan. This plan satisfies the Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient, Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users (SAFETEA-LU) requirements that projects funded by Sections 5310 (Elderly and Disabled Transportation Program), 5316 (Job Access and Reverse Commute), and 5317 (New Freedom) be a part of a locally developed coordinated public transit-human services transportation plan.
Key elements included in the plan are:
• An assessment of transportation needs for individuals with disabilities, older adults and persons with limited incomes;
• An inventory of available services that identifies areas of redundant service and gaps in services;
• Strategies to address the identified gaps in services;
• Identifications of coordination actions to eliminate or reduce duplication in services and strategies for more efficient utilization of resources;
• Prioritization of implementation strategies.
Public Comment Schedule: February 1st, 2018 to March 2nd, 2018
A copy of the draft plan is available for viewing at the KBRPC office or click on the link below. Please contact KBRPC office at 660-885-3393 Monday through Friday 8 am – 5 pm, to schedule an appointment.
Note: This a draft only and areas in red at subject to change
For more information contact:
221 N 2nd St.
Clinton, MO 64735